I’ve got my 100+ squares together, and it is time to head to the design wall.
For this piece, I decided to start in the center, with a large dark splotch. I like to lay out a bunch of the log cabin squares, then fill in with the four patches.
I’m liking this, but ended up removing the top two (partial) rows, and moving everything downwards, giving a rough gradation.
Filling in with the four patches, and it looks pretty good, but I’m bugged by the teal block that’s 3 rows from the right and 4 from the bottom. It just sticks out a little too much, so I switched it for a slightly darker block. (This is why I always make extra – gives me more play options.)
And there it is. Thanks for listening. 😉