My closet of shame has been growing more crowded lately, as I continue to begin new quilts without finishing older ones. So when I saw a group challenge to finish UFOs (unfinished objects) in one of my quilting forums, I figured I’d better take the hint and sign up.
Obviously it’s much easier for me to get carried away by new ideas than it is to complete those ideas into a fully functional battle station. Quilt.
For this challenge, each participant lists 5-10 quilts or projects they want to finish and then we have 3 months to try to get those finishes done. And if you do, everyone in the group sends you fabric! Cause that’s just what we all need. More fabric!
Here’s my list of projects.
1. Patriotic pinwheels – I made this quilt top at a guild retreat about 2004. Everyone else brought red white and blue fabrics. Not me. Need backing fabric, quilting and binding.
2. Purple and orange garden – This needs backing fabric, quilting and binding.
3. Purple, blue, and red garden – Needs backing, quilting and binding
4. Batik plus quilt – another oldie. Needs backing, quilting and binding.
5. Yellow and red color wash – started in the early 2000s. Need backing quilting and binding.
6. Green and blue color wash – also started in the early 2000s. Needs backing, quilting and binding.
7. HST trip around the world – recent top made from charm squares I received in a package from the lovely Hillary at Entropy Always Wins blog. Needs backing, quilting and binding.
8. Floral plus quilt – Needs a border, backing, quilting and binding.
9. Color fields, orange and white – Needs quilting and binding.
10. Clown barf quilt – This one was going to be a coins quilt. Now it’s going to be something different. Needs to be pieced and fully finished.
Which should I try to finish first?